Friday, April 1, 2011

Some of my Favorite Things ~ Country Sampler Magazine

                                                                


  I love so many different types of decorating styles, and I try to incorporate them all in my home in some way. But I think Country Sampler Magazine combines my favorites the best. Country, Primitive, Americana, Colonial, it's all there. You'll even find a few splashes of Cottage and Shabby Chic. 

  Any time I get my hands on a copy, I have a special ritual. First, I get a cup of tea or another beverage I enjoy, find a cozy place to sit, and then begin to flip through the pages quickly, to see what catches my eye first. Then, I go back to the favorites and pour over them, looking at every detail. There are great articles and decorating hints in the magazine, but those usually have to wait. The first order of business is all about the decorating eye candy! As I'm looking at each page, I try to think of ways to recreate the ideas I see, using what I already have in my home. I don't think I have ever looked at an issue of the magazine that didn't inspire me in some way. Finally, I read the decorating tips and articles about the homes and their owners. Eventually, I will tear my favorite pages out of the magazine. I have file folders dedicated to each different type of room. I sort the pages and file them away for the next time I need an extra dose of inspiration, or have a corner that needs to be filled. I have to be careful not to look at this magazine before bedtime, or the ideas swirl around in my head so much that I can't sleep!

  What is your favorite decorating magazine, and how do you like to use it?

1 comment: