Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Some of my Favorite Things ~ FlyLady

Next on my "Favorite Things" list is the FlyLady system for home organization. What is a FlyLady, you ask? Well, she's a who, not a what. Her name is Marla Cilley, and she developed her system several years ago, while raising her son. Every day, Marla shows members how to declutter, organize, and ultimately, eliminate the CHAOS (that's Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) in their homes 15 minutes at at time.

  I discovered FlyLady a few years ago, before I had children. I was a homemaker, and if I do say so myself, my home was always spotless, thanks to FlyLady's system. Fast-forward about five or six years, and three (soon to be four) children later ~ ~ ~ I wish I could say my house is still always spotless, but that just wouldn't be true. Now, when I need peace in my home the most, I frequently "fall off the wagon," you might say. However, it's nice to have a plan in place when the CHAOS becomes too much.

  One thing I want to mention about FlyLady's system is that she sends LOTS of email reminders throughout the day. I have never really minded this, except for when I have been unable to check my inbox for a few days at a time. I have seen many people get really worked up about this, though. They see it as nagging, or as some kind of reminder of their own mothers being demanding and overbearing. This is not FlyLady's intention at all! She created this approach to home organization, or "home blessing" as she likes to call it, out of necessity. It was trial and error until she found what worked for HER. Now, she kindly shares her gathered information with members as a way of helping them to get started in developing a system that works for them and their unique lifestyle. There are tips for all kinds of different life situations (i.e. pregnancy, with toddlers, working mothers, etc.) on the website.

  Another note about the email you may receive upon signing up with FlyLady: There is an option in the settings section to switch to a daily digest, or even no email at all. You can choose to have the website be your only source of information from FlyLady.

  Want to know more? Click on the photo, and it will take you directly to the FlyLady website!


So, I've shared my favorite home organization tool with you. What is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment