Monday, March 28, 2011

Living the Abundant Life

Lately I've been thinking about what it means to truly live the abundant life that God has planned for me. I know that He does not want me to spend my life so wrapped up in the mundane details of the day, or restentul because of past hurts or failures, that I miss the joy of the journey. If I want to really live, rather than just survive, I have to realize that each day is a gift and take it as it comes. The trials in life are part of the gift, because they have lessons to teach. I must learn to bend with the trial, instead of allowing myself to be bound and broken by it. As for the daily details, they are just not as important as we humans tend to make them out to be. While it is necessary to keep things clean and to pay the bills, and to do all the other "stuff" that life demands of us, those are not the things that we will remember in the end. To me, living the abundant life means that at the end of the day I can answer "yes" to questions such as, "Did I cuddle and play with my baby today?" "Have I let my husband know how much he means to me?" "Do my kids know that I am proud of them?" "Did I forgive the person who hurt me?" "Did I forgive myself for the mistake I made?"

Let me end this post with my favorite verse of scripture. I think it sums up what I am talking about.
   
    "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."    Jeremiah 29:11 ~ NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment