Monday, March 28, 2011

My Own Little Corner

"In my own little corner, in my own little chair, I can be whatever I want to be..."


  Those are the words sung by Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella as she daydreams about the adventures that might have been, and that she hopes might still be one day. She imagines going to Africa, Japan, and Peru, and dreams of being everything from a milkmaid to a mermaid. She even dares to think of what it might be like to fall in love with the prince. As long as she stays in her corner, her imagination will let her do or be anything.

  Much of my life has been spent the same way, wishing for this or that, hoping my dreams might come true. In the end, however,  I was still in Cinderella's shoes...no pun intended...wishing. I have since realized that the journey of making my dreams come true begins in my corner, but shouldn't end there. I really CAN be whatever I want to be. I am an adoring wife to my handsome prince, and a stay at home mom to three beautiful princesses. Our castle isn't really palatial, but it's ours, and it suits us very well. I also have a business creating magical clothing, accessories and gifts for other little princesses. Above all, I am a daughter of the King of Kings, and through Him, I can do all things! (Philippians 4:13)

  Faith, family, friends, and fun ~ these are the things that are important to me. You will find them all here...in my own little corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment